CAFOD runners take part in organised races across the country, including some of the biggest events like the Great North Run in October and the London Marathon in April.
When you join Team CAFOD you will get a lot of support. This is particularly helpful if it is the first time you are attempting this distance, and seasoned runners will know how useful it is to have a team behind you, supporting you all the way, and there at the finish for you.
There are two ways to join Team CAFOD:
1. Choose one of the organised races (listed on the right) and fill in this online form.
We have a number of places available in these races and may be able to give you one this year. What do we ask from you? We want your energy, enthusiasm and commitment to raising money through sponsorship and other activities so together we can help people around the world to help themselves – and we’ll help you with your fundraising. You don’t have to commit to completing the race right now, just fill in the form to get more information.
2. If you are interested in an event that’s not listed on our menu you can still take part in any running event for CAFOD. Get your own own place from the race organisers and then join Team CAFOD.
What is an own place entry?
Most running events have some general entries which you can apply for through the race organiser’s website. By running with your own place, you’ll receive exactly the same support from CAFOD as charity place runners, but we won’t set you a sponsorship target.
Every member of Team CAFOD receives:
- an awesome running vest.
- regular enewsletters, containing training schedules, nutrition and fundraising tips.
- a comprehensive sponsorship activity pack.
- lots of support in the lead up to the big day!
- Most importantly, we will ensure that any sponsorship you raise will make a real difference to the lives of men, women and children living in poverty overseas.
You can also see more details about all our sponsored events.